Spotify Wrapped!

    


Spotify Wrapped day is one of my most favorite days of the entire year. When it comes to statistics, I’m not the biggest fan in general. But I absolutely love love love to be told all the stats of my listening preferences for a whole twelve months. Music is such an integral part of the human experience, and it’s so interesting to get a summary of what songs and artists were the soundtrack to a certain phase in your life. 


    I listened to a total of 51 genres of music this year, which really doesn't make sense because I definitely can't even name that many genres of music. I love the little music sandwich graphic they used for this slide. The new creative format every year is something I look forward to, not as much as finding out my listening habits, but the extra little elements add something special.


      My top song of the year was Monday Morning by Fleetwood Mac. This is a great song for singing along to in the car, the chorus repeats a lot so it's quick to learn and it has that classic 70s rock sound. I highly recommend listening to it at the end of July at around eight p.m.. If you drive by a field, it will be filled with a million fireflies, the temperature will be great, the cricket sounds in the background, the vibes are spot on.

   
    No surprises here, Taylor Swift was my top artist this year. I really admire how successfully she's marketed herself in the past few years. Along with being a talented musician, she's a fantastic business person. She's cultivated a devoted fanbase that people feel very connected to. If I meet another person who really likes Taylor Swift, it's super easy to start forming a friendship because they're so open and willing ot talk about her music and how passionate they are about it.



    My listening type this year was the Alchemist. Spotify says it's because I make and listen to my own playlists more than the average listener. I think this is probably because I make a new playlist for every season of the year and add whatever song I hear in that period of time that I enjoy. I really like doing this, having a set of songs for each season makes it really easy to learn all the lyrics and it's also nice ot listen to later on and remember that time in my life.

That's a "Wrap" (haha get it?) on my blog for the week! What were your Spotify Wrapped results?



Comments

  1. Such a cute blog idea! I definitely forget that I have Spotify about every other month so it was interesting to see my Spotify wrapped results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool topic to write about! I love Spotify wrapped! I always try to listen to more music after it comes out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts