This Week in a Nutshell

  
 

    The highlight my week was eating the most exquisite sandwich I prepared int he comfort of my own dorm for my "Second Dinner" on Tuesday night. My parents came up for lunch on Sunday and they brought me a whole grocery haul from home: fresh bread from the local bodega, turkey from the Bowman-Landes (a local poultry farmer), green bell peppers, and pepper jack cheese (arguably the best sandwich cheese). I don't mean to knock the Mac sandwiches---I really don't, they're one of my favorites of everything offered,---but there's something special about a sandwich that tastes like I just got home from summer training and raided my kitchen fridge at home. 
    The excitement doesn't stop there. (I know, it's hard to believe). I ate my prize-winning sandwich while watching Gilmore Girls on the floor with my roommate. Something about eating and watching tv on the floor with a friend is so comforting.  I wouldn't call my first couple weeks of college glamorous by any means, but it has felt started to feel familiar in the best way possible.
    I honestly thought I would have a harder time falling into a routine and living on my own, but it's been all sunshine so far. I've definitly learned a lesson in time management over the past two weeks: balancing classes, afternoon practices, and finding time to eat. Those three things doesn't sound like a lot, but it's certainly enough to keep me occupied. Finding time to unwind at the end of the day has been difficult, but I think my "Second Dinner" Sandwich is a step in the right direction.
    This week was pretty uneventful, but I have my first cross country race this Friday at Bluffton! Women's college meets are usually six kilometers, but this one will be five. I'm honestly so excited to be racing again, I haven't raced a 5k since last November and I can't wait to see what kind of shape I'm in. Stay on the lookout for next week's post where I'll try and break it down!




Comments

  1. I completely feel and understand you when it came to getting into a routine during my freshman year with COVID-19. But also figuring out life at college all at the same time was not easy but it was for sure one of my favorite times of my life. But Good luck with your race on Friday! Hope it all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who's a picky eater, dorm life really makes you miss home and being able to cook what you want. So I totally understanding cherishing the moment for a good sandwich. Being in a dorm is definitely full of new experiences and some of the best are with your friends. I remember having a halloween movie night sleepover and it was a blast. I'm glad your enjoying it! Good luck with your race!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts