Instagram Marketing

 How often do you buy something from an account on Instagram? At first thought, the answer is probably rarely to never. At the start of this chapter, that’s definitely what I was thinking. But then, I started to think about all the brand accounts and celebrities/influencers I follow. Every time a singer or comedian announces their tour on an instagram post, story, or reel, I use the link in their bio to visit their website or ticketing service. Even though I don’t always follow through with the purchase, their instagram marketing efforts convince me to take the first step. 

I’ve also found a lot of clothing and lifestyle brands through my “for you” page and reels. I tend to follow a lot of small businesses and so the Instagram algorithm pushed a new brand account, Night Sweet Thing, onto my reels page. The first reel I saw was a narrative story of how the business was inspired and the story of founding and developing it, narrated by the owner and illustrated with multiple video clips of her experiences pertaining to the business. The video wasn’t trying to overtly sell me anything, but it invited me into the culture of the brand and made me curious enough to go to its instagram page. Night Sweet Thing is a pajama brand and because of that one video I saw, I’m now an active follower. I always look forward to their releases of new pajama prints. They actually just dropped their holiday collection for the year. As soon as I saw their post announcing it, I went straight to the website.

Another brand I love following on Instagram is Goodr Sunglasses. Even though Goodr makes a fantastic pair of sunglasses (I’m obsessed, I have three pairs and am always browsing for another one), where they shine is their marketing. Goodr has mastered a tone of voice that’s sassy and irreverent while still being informative and sincere. From a strong brand voice to a Flamingo mascot, Goodr’s instagram is a joyful and enticing palace to spend time online. Their instagram is my first point of contact when I’m looking for a new pair of sunglasses for myself or as a gift. 

Now that you’ve had time to think about it, how often do you buy something because of Instagram? It’s tricky because the ebay Instagram marketing is the kind that you don’t realize is happening. Seamlessly blending convincing marketing into a brand account that feels like a genuine part of a cultural conversation is a daunting task, but mastering it can lead to a huge growth of a business’s customer base and profit.

Night Sweet Thing – Night Sweet Thing
Goodr Sunglasses Carl's Thorny & Read Red/Green

Comments

Popular Posts